Racial Disparities in the Criminal and Juvenile Justice System Advisory Panel
The Racial Disparities in the Criminal and Juvenile Justice Advisory Panel is charged by the legislature with reviewing and providing recommendations to address systemic racial disparities in statewide systems of criminal and juvenile justice. This includes: reviewing police data; providing recommendations regarding training and best practices for law enforcement, judges, prosecutors, and defense attorneys; educating and engaging with the community; and producing a biennial report. The Panel was created by Act 54 of 2017.
Click here to read Act 54.
The next meeting of the Panel will be held on December 11 at 6pm in the Waterbury Public Library SAL room, located at 28 North Main Street, Waterbury.
- Attorney General Appointments:
- Jessica Brown
- Geoffrey Jones
- Shela Linton
- Etan Nasreddin-Longo, Chair
- Don Stevens
- Executive Director of the Vermont Criminal Justice Training Council or designee: Executive Director Richard Gauthier
- Attorney General or designee: Assistant Attorney General David Scherr
- Defender General or designee: Attorney Rebecca Turner
- Executive Director of State’s Attorneys and Sherriff’s or designee: Executive Director John Campbell
- Chief Superior Judge or designee: Chief Judge Brian Grearson, in his absence Judge Nancy Waples
- Commissioner of Corrections or designee: Commissioner Lisa Menard, in her absence Director Monica Weeber
- Commissioner or Public Safety or designee: Lieutenant Gary Scott
- Commissioner for Children and Families or designee: Commissioner Ken Schatz, in his absence Senior Advisor Karin Vastine
Agendum 11-13 – The November 13 meeting of the Panel will take place from 6-8pm at the Waterbury Public Library at 28 Main Street, in the SAL Room.
Agendum 9-11 – The September 11 meeting will take place from 6-8pm at the Aldrich Public Library in Barre: 6 Washington Street, in the Milne Room.
Agendum 8-14 – The August 14 meeting will take place from 6-8pm at the Aldrich Public Library in Barre: 6 Washington Street, in the Milne Room.
Agendum 7-10 – The July 10 meeting will be held in the SAL Room in the Waterbury Public Library located at 28 North Main Street, Waterbury, Vermont.
Minutes from October 9, 2018 Meeting
Minutes from September 11, 2018 Meeting
Minutes from August 14, 2018 Meeting
Minutes from July 10, 2018 Meeting
Minutes from June 12, 2018 Meeting
Minutes from May 22, 2018 Meeting
Minutes from February 13, 2008 Meeting
Minutes from January 9, 2018 Meeting
Minutes from November 14, 2017 Meeting
Minutes from October 3, 2017 Meeting
Click here to view videos of several of the panel meetings.