Application Deadline Date: 07/16/2020
Req ID: 3225
Department: Attorney General’s Office
Location: Montpelier, VT, US
Position Type: Permanent
Schedule Type: Full Time
Hourly Rate: $26.25
The Vermont Medicaid Fraud Residential Abuse Unit (MFRAU) is a unit within the Vermont Attorney General’s Criminal Division. MFRAU is designated as the Medicaid fraud and residential abuse control unit for Vermont. Specifically, MFRAU is responsible for investigating and prosecuting (a) fraud by healthcare providers in the Vermont Medicaid program; (b) fraud in the administration of the Vermont Medicaid program; and (c) the abuse, neglect, and financial exploitation of individuals who live in Vermont skilled nursing facilities and board and care facilities. MFRAU also brings affirmative civil claims on behalf of the State to enforce Vermont’s laws. Finally, MFRAU works on cases arising under the Vermont False Claims Act involving Medicaid Fraud.
MFRAU is currently seeking a second Criminal Investigator to its join team. MFRAU Criminal Investigators are full-time certified law enforcement officers who work frequently in the field, conducting criminal investigations statewide. Duties are performed with a high degree of independence, but investigations may be pursued as part of a team or in conjunction with other agencies. Work is performed under the supervision of the director of MFRAU.
While duties require travel throughout the state and some weekend and/or evening work, a take-home vehicle will be provided. This is not a home-based position. The candidate must be willing to travel and work independently but within the structure of a government legal team.
The position is located at the Attorney General’s Office at 109 State Street in Montpelier, Vermont. In light of the COVID-19 crisis, employees of the Attorney General’s Office are working remotely until further notice. If necessary, initial interviews for this position will be conducted remotely via phone/video conference.
The Vermont Attorney General’s Office’s Medicaid Fraud and Residential Abuse Unit receives 75 percent of its funding from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services under a grant award totaling $999,572 for Federal fiscal year FY 2020. The remaining 25 percent, totaling $333,192 for FY 2020, is funded by the State of Vermont.
Who May Apply
This position, Attorney General’s Office Criminal Investigator – Medicaid Fraud and Residential Abuse Unit (Job Requisition # 3225), is open to all State employees and external applicants.
If you would like more information about this position, please contact Elizabeth Anderson at Elizabeth.Anderson@vermont.gov.
Please note that multiple positions in the same work location may be filled from this job posting.
Resumes will not be accepted via e-mail. You must apply online to be considered.
This position is Group “C” retirement with mandatory retirement at age 55.
Incumbents must be in good physical condition, able to perform strenuous physical activity on occasion, and to work long and irregular hours in the field during work assignments. Duties require travel throughout the State, for which a valid Vermont driver’s license and private means of transportation are required. The nature of the work creates situations of potential danger and injury. Evening and weekend work may be necessary.
Bachelor’s degree AND four (4) years of professional investigatory or law enforcement work experience.
Associate’s degree AND six (6) years of professional investigatory or law enforcement work experience.
High school diploma or equivalent AND eight (8) years of professional investigatory or law enforcement work experience.
Candidates that are active full-time certified law enforcement are strongly preferred.
A candidate must become a Level III certified law enforcement officer within six months of hire.
As a State employee you are offered a great career opportunity, but it’s more than a paycheck. The State’s total compensation package features an outstanding set of employee benefits that are worth about 30% of your total compensation, including:
- 80% State paid medical premium
- Dental Plan at no cost for employees and their families
- Flexible Spending healthcare and childcare reimbursement accounts
- Two ways to save for your retirement: A State defined benefit pension plan and a deferred compensation 457(b) plan
- Work/Life balance: 11 paid holidays each year and a generous leave plan; many jobs also allow for a flexible schedule
- Low cost group life insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Incentive-based Wellness Program
- Qualified Employer for Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program
Want the specifics? Explore the Benefits of State Employment on our website.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The State of Vermont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications from women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and people from diverse cultural backgrounds are encouraged.
Last modified: June 29, 2020