en English
ar Arabiczh-CN Chinese (Simplified)nl Dutchen Englishfr Frenchde Germanit Italianpt Portugueseru Russianes Spanish

Office of the Vermont Attorney General

Get help with a consumer complaint

Consumer Complaint HelpWe’re here to help.

File a complaint Update a complaint


We can try to help you resolve a consumer complaint with a business. This is not a formal legal process, and we cannot guarantee a response or resolution. However, we find that we are often able to help consumers like you get responses to complaints through this process.

In order to assist you, we need a brief description of your complaint that we can send on to the business you identify for response.

What happens when a complaint is filed?

Our complaint process is centered on sharing information, so both parties understand each other’s position. When we receive a consumer complaint, we forward it to the business named, and ask the business to respond. This way, the business:

  • Knows a complaint has been filed,
  • Can learn exactly what the consumer concern is and what the consumer would like done to resolve the issue, and
  • Can respond  to resolve the matter and make sure that their perspective is on the record.

For this process to work, we need both parties to keep us updated on the status of the complaint. If you have filed a consumer complaint, or if your business has received a complaint and wishes to respond, please update us by emailing AGO.CAP@vermont.gov, or use our online form.

Did you encounter a scam? 

Report Scams to CAP

Learn more about your consumer rights

Consumer Information and Resources


Consumer Assistance Program | 109 State Street, Montpelier, VT 05609-1001 | 1-800-649-2424 | ago.cap@vermont.gov