2019 Disclosures by Manufacturers of Prescription Drugs, Biological Products and Medical Devices
This page covers:
- Disclosure by Expenditures for Prescribed Products
- Annual Reports
- Enforcement Actions
- Detailing: Marketer Price Disclosure Law
- To ask questions and submit notices please use email@example.com
- To submit disclosures please use: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vermont law bans most gifts and requires reporting of most expenditures of pharmaceutical products, biological products, and medical devices to Vermont health care providers, including expenditures for samples (including vouchers) and clinical trials. For information on reporting under the law, scroll down to see Vermont law and the Office’s guidance.
The law also requires companies with expenditures to register with the Attorney General’s Office by January 1 of each year, and to report expenditures and distribution of samples by April 1. We encourage all manufactures to sign up for the prescribed products listserve or register a compliance officer if the company will have expenditures to report. This will allow us to readily contact you with updated information on how to comply with Vermont law.
In addition, we encourage all manufactures doing business in Vermont to sign up for the prescribed products listserve. This will allow us to readily contact you with updated compliance information.
Prescribed Products Listserv
To sign up for the listserv click here where you can either subscribe or unsubscribe.
Compliance Officer Form must be completed by the first day of each reporting period – e.g. by January 1, 2020, by manufacturers with expenditures in 2019. If you want updates and notifications of conference calls, but do not have expenditures to report, please sign up on the Prescribed Products ListServe rather than using the Compliance Officer Form
Manufacturers with expenditures above $0 for the previous reporting period must send a registration fee of $500 by the first day of each reporting period.
To request the Vermont Attorney General’s Tax ID Number or W-9 form, email us at: email@example.com with “Tax ID” in the subject line.
To make a payment send a check made out to “State of Vermont,” and mail to:
Vermont Office of the Attorney General
Public Protection Division
109 State Street
Montpelier, VT 05609-1001
Refunds of registration fees will not be reviewed for approval and processing until 60 days after the reporting deadline. To request a refund, complete the refund form.
2019 Disclosures and Guidance
2019 Disclosure (Expenditures and Samples for Calendar year 2019)
Disclosure Due Date: April 1, 2020
To submit disclosures you must first have submitted a Compliance Officer form. Once that is done you can click on the link below to login (with the credentials provided on the Compliance Officer Form) and submit either Expenditures and/or Samples.
- For this year we are not requiring a username and password for login; see below for links to submit by online form or Excel spreadsheets
- In lieu of using the online forms the AGO does provide Excel spreadsheets for both Expenditure and Sample disclosures, once completed the spreadsheets should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2019 Expenditures Excel Spreadsheet
- 2019 Expenditures online form
- 2019 Expenditures acceptable values for drop down fields
- 2019 Samples Excel Spreadsheet
- 2019 Samples online form
- 2019 Samples acceptable values for drop down fields
- 2019 Table of Entity-Recipients
- 2019 Table of Health Care Professionals with Active Vermont Licenses
The Office of the Vermont Attorney General administers and enforces the Prescribed Product Gift Ban and Disclosure Law. View settlement documents for enforcement cases brought since the fall of 2013.
Vermont’s Pharmaceutical Marketer Price Disclosure law, 18 V.S.A. § 4633, requires pharmaceutical marketers to provide doctors with comparative price information, so that doctors can take cost into consideration when prescribing drugs within a therapeutic class. The Vermont Attorney General has issued a Guide on how to comply with the law, model forms (short form and long form), and Frequently Asked Questions.
- 09/26/2011 – Updated Model Forms Vermonts Pharmaceutical Marketer Price Disclosure Law
- 09/09/2011 – Updated Guidance on Complying with Vermont’s Pharmaceutical Marketer Price Disclosure Law – Gold Standard and AWP Reporting
- 09/07/2011 – Updated Guidance on Complying with Vermont’s Pharmaceutical Marketer Price Disclosure Law – First Databank and AWP Reporting