en English
ar Arabiczh-CN Chinese (Simplified)nl Dutchen Englishfr Frenchde Germanit Italianpt Portugueseru Russianes Spanish

Office of the Vermont Attorney General

File a consumer complaint

Our online consumer complaint form is undergoing construction and temporarily unavailable.

To file a consumer complaint with our office, please use one of the following methods:

Complete and return by mail or e-mail our fillable complaint form.

E-mail us: ago.cap@vermont.gov

Send us a letter:
Office of the Attorney General
Consumer Assistance Program
109 State Street
Montpelier, VT 05609-1001

Send a FAX: (802) 304-1014

Complaints must include:

  1. Your name and contact information (mailing address, e-mail, phone number)
  2. The business name and contact information, if you have it (mailing address, e-mail, website, phone number(s))
  3. An outline or details of the complaint
  4. Dollar amount of monetary loss
  5. Your desired outcome or requested resolution

Please note, complaints are public record, and all documents you send us will be saved electronically.

Upon receiving your complaint, we will forward your complaint to the business for response.  Your complaint is not anonymous.

Do not send materials containing Social Security numbers, account numbers, or other sensitive information with your complaint unless you remove or mark over the information.

If the business does not respond favorably to your complaint, we may refer you to a private attorney or small claims court.