Under Vermont’s Charitable Solicitations Law, 9 V.S.A. § 2471 et seq., paid fundraisers for charities must:
- Create an Account for first time users of the electronic filing system,
- File a “Notice of Solicitation” with the Attorney General’s Office in advance of each campaign,
- Post a $20,000 bond,
- File annual and post campaign financial reports,
- Make specific disclosures when soliciting donations,
- Comply with charity contract, script approval, donation deposit, record-keeping and other requirements, and
- Refrain from making misrepresentations to prospective donors.
The Attorney General’s Office is responsible for enforcing the Law.
All reporting to the Attorney General’s Office is only accepted electronically.
Email: email@example.com with any questions or problems.
Documents (sample forms)